Sandy Hook Shooting: Celebrities Respond on Twitter

The shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., left a nation in shock Friday afternoon after Adam Lanza gunned down 27 people, 20 of them children.
Hollywood Tweeted up a storm in response, sharing love, condolences, prayers and heartbreak, but also anger, disgust and frustration in many cases.
The Connecticut school shooting has once again raised debate about gun control and thrust it into the spotlight, as some of their Twitter reactions show:
Demi Lovato: "Just in shock. WHAT is wrong with this world sometimes? Right before Christmas? My thoughts and prayers go out to Newton, CT."
Miley Cyrus: "Why does this happen? Why do bad things happen to such good people... Especially young ones. Sending blessings to CT."
Ian Somerhalder: "We are sad. Our hearts, thoughts & help are w/ you. Im so sorry to all affected by this. So sorry. May all the love in the world hug you in this time."
Kourtney Kardashian: "If this tragedy doesn't change something in this country regarding guns...I just want to scream and cry. Deeply saddened. Praying."
Kim Kardashian: "In total shock over the school shooting in Ct!... What has this world come to…These kids come to school to learn, never expecting this tragedy to happen. They didn't deserve this. Praying for everyone involved!"
Lindsay Lohan: "This is absolutely horrifying. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families in Newton, CT. So unbelievably sad."
Ashton Kutcher: "Overwhelming feelings of sadness for something so senseless. My heart goes out to those in Connecticut."
Jessica Alba: "This is just awful. My heart goes out 2 all affected... So sad."
Zooey Deschanel: "I am filled with sadness in the wake of the sandy hook school tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with all in Newtown, Connecticut."
Blake Shelton: "Stand strong and stand united everyone... We are Americans and we are better than this. What a sad sad disgusting day this is...My heart is so heavy right now... I can't shake it off."
Kristin Chenoweth: "Our hearts are broken for you, Newtown."
Joe Jonas: "This is such sad news. Heart is broken for the children and their families."
Jordin Sparks: "Those precious children...I will never understand the evil in this world. On my knees praying for those families. I am in tears."
Susan Sarandon: "How much more suffering & loss will it take before we better regulate the sale of arms in our country? Let @NRA know how you feel."
Michelle Branch: "Gun control people!!! My heart is breaking. As a parent this is my worst nightmare."
Mia Farrow: "Gun control is no longer debatable- it's not a 'conversation'- It's a moral mandate."
Dax Shepard: "I love guns. I have several, but I would gladly get rid of them if it would help prevent anything like this from happening again."
Christina Applegate: "There are just no words. Only sorrow. We are all shedding tears today for those families."
Bethenny Frankel: "These poor parents probably have Christmas presents for these poor babies. I can't stop crying."
Maria Shriver: "My heart is breaking as this story unfolds. Let's start a #circleofprayer for the children and their families."
Jennifer Hudson: "Yal, we need to pray! This can't keep happening . My mama always said ' if u think you've seen it all just keep on living'."
Ashley Greene: "Some things are just bigger than me and impossible for me to understand. My thoughts and prayers are with the families in Connecticut."
Snoop Dogg: "Sending love 2 the families in Connecticut for their tragic loss. 2day I bow my head in sadness."
Josh Groban: "My heart is crushed with the news of this shooting."
Katharine McPhee: "I'm so saddened over the shootings in CT. In light of such an evil act, #PrayForNewton."
Kevin Bacon: "Just sick about the news from CT. Sending love to all those families."
Brooke Burke-Charvet: "Unfathomable news in Connecticut. I have no words. Holiday spirit just got sucked out of me. I'm sick.."
Lea Michele: "There are no words to express the sadness of this unthinkable tragedy. Sending my prayers to the families in Newton CT."
Ben Stiller: "Shocked and saddened by what happened today in Connecticut. We have to stop the access to guns in our country."
Missi Pyle: "We should NOT STOP SCREAMING about this until we have better laws on GUN CONTROL. We have power. Lets DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!"
Sarah Silverman: "Band-Aids-on-Band-Aids @NRA people want MORE access to guns to combat all the people w access to guns."
Piers Morgan: "This is now President Obama's biggest test - will he have the courage to stand up to the American gun lobby?"
Chrissy Teigen: "it's too easy for a monster to get a gun. solution: NO ONE GETS GUNS. sorry if this is an inconvenience for your complete need to have one."
Michael Moore: "The way to honor these dead children is to demand strict gun control, free mental health care, and an end to violence as public policy."
John Stamos: "Soulless coward pulls trigger, children die, officials express regret and then what -we wait for the next shooting? how do we stop this?"
Questlove: "ok so....is now that time to have 'the conversation'?"
Rashida Jones: "Gun control is our only road to freedom. Freedom from the fear of senselessly losing children. I'm so saddened. WE NEED LAWS NOW...Gun loversare the first to remind you this should be a 'day of mourning'. How about we mourn & make it harder to get guns on the same day?...Thanks, gun lovers, for all your hateful tweets. Good reminder of another endemic nat'l issue:a lack of humanity, civility & accountability."
Flea: "No civilians should be allowed to have guns. none...and i dont thinkthe cops should have guns either...change the constitution...and makequality mental health care free...god blessthe children...in many countries the cops have no guns and they do perfectly fine...peace and love to all...heartbreaking...the depth of sadness."

0 comments: